Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Illustator. Amandine Piu

I bought a few postcards by Piu many years ago, as souvenirs. I was walking nearby the Cathedral of Strasbourg when I saw them. It's not my kind of thing, I'm a very shy tourist, but I purchased them with a certain enthusiasm. They were part of a series of smart cards which mainly make fun of well known brands' commercials and create new, very enjoyable fake advertisements.

Since they are still my favorite view entering our place in Dublin, yesterday I decided to look for other works of hers. I discovered that Amandine Piu, aka Piu Piu, was born in 1982. From Sardinia she first came to France to study visual communication in Lyon, then moved to Strasbourg, where she graduated in Decorative Arts. And that she still live and work in the Alsatian capital.


Anyway, I love her sense of humor, the plays on words, the "roundness" of her work. I think she's a very talented, and complete artist! By the way, I found out after many collaborations, prizes etc, she's now publishing children literature as illustrator (this), as illustrator and coauthor (that), as both illustrator and author (here). 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful illustrations!!
    Nati from Brazil
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my blog. I love these illustrations and the artists whimsical style. No surprise there. I grew up in a NY neighborhood filled with Italians and my best friend was of Italian decent ... so surprise there either.

    Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and for the wonderful image :D

      Delete
  3. They are really lovely :)
    on my way to see her website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma sono figuissime :D
    Vojoooo!
    Sei entrata nel tunnel di Pinterest?
    E comunque...MA VIVI A DUBLINO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. si si vivo a Dublino, anche se viaggio spesso e finisce che ci sono poco :D dev'essere solo per questo che ncora non sono nel tunnel di Pinterest

      Delete
  5. I love these cute colorful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! :) they are so sweet and tender.
    with a fine sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete