Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Fashion Aphorism II. Resources for the Philosopher

Second Episode. The following quotes, by fashion designers as well, reveal how also some inspired cultural reflections may rest down there, at the very heart of fashion, maybe unrecognized.

Style is primarily a question of instinct, Bill Blass.

Fashion is more usually a gentle progression of revisited ideas, Bruce Oldfield.

Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles, Sonja Henie.

Fashion is one of the great living arts of civilisation, and self-decoration one of the fundamental human urges, Janey Ironside.

The essential element, which led me to fashion, is passion: almost a physical necessity of a direct relationship with the matter of my creativity, Gianfranco Ferrè.

I asked myself: why is it that only rich people can access exclusive fashion? Why can't a man or a woman off the street do so? I could change this rule. And I did it, Pierre Cardin.

About half my designs are controlled fantasy, fifteen percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs, Manolo Blahnik.

19 comments:

  1. I like the Gianfranco Ferrè's aphorism...the passion, the physical neccessity...beautiful!
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the fabulous quotes. You know I just love quotes. But, your bracelet is even more fabulous. I will send you instructions on how to link to your shop when I get a chance.

    Love and Light to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a shortcut!! I'm learning how to edit html, blogger has not a default option!

      Delete
    2. ...well, this is a first result! It works now! :D Let me know your how-to anyway...it's too complex for IT challenged people as I am!

      Delete
  3. I love this bracelet!- sunny colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. belle foto..mi piace la frase di bill blass
    baci
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! :)

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to use Sonia Henie's "wrinkles" quote (I'm still laughing so hard!)

    That and Manolo Blahnik's "bread & butter". Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bracelet!
    Come non essere poi d'accordo co un geande della moda come Ferre'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes!-Love your bracelet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the gorgeous quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the last one :D in particular the "total madness" idea :D
    The bracelet is adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just read your old article and I love these little quotes too. Lovely bracelet as well - these colours are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quotes, very interesting.....thank you...and such a pretty bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love to read these quotes!! Great that you collect them :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. tutte parole sante! :D che bello il bracciale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the all quotes :) Beautiful bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ma che bei lavori con perle ,perline ed altro ,brava passa da me www.metalfimo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete