Saturday, 12 May 2012

Fashion Aphorism Part I. Resources for the Fashionista

First Episode. An excerpt from a very small collection of fashion quotations I selected last year for my shop. These are mostly from Coco Chanel - how sassy was she?! - and a couple by Yves Saint Laurent and by Valentino. Other quotations will follow.

Fashion is like architecture. It is a matter of proportions, Coco Chanel.

Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury, Coco Chanel.

Fashion fades, only style remains the same, Coco Chanel.

Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity, Coco Chanel.

I don't do fashion, I am fashion, Coco Chanel.

Isn't elegance forgetting what one is wearing?, Yves Saint Laurent.

Elegance is a balance of proportion, emotion, and surprise, Valentino.

10 comments:

  1. this bracelet is ...elegant, like Valentino's aphorism!
    :)Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings and happy day to you. I love the quotes and the fabulous bracelet. I have to give you a tip.....you can link the picture of your bracelet to the page it's on your etsy shop. This way people can just click on the pictdure and see it there and perhaps purchase it. It makes it so much easier for your customers. I am lucky to have a tech savy daughter that helps me. Anyway, I hope this helps. I love your blog and you are such a nice person.

    Happiness and Abundance to ALL !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment, and the tip...I was just wondering if I should do that, and you gave me the answer! Well, I must ask to a techie friend how, but I'll do it, sure!

      Delete
  3. My favorite quote is the last one! valentino knows better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I really Iike this one, the contrast between the dark beads and the light delicate ones is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes, I love them all, and the bracelet is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bracelet is very stylish...,Good Moments;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspirational quotes! Nice post :) Hope you have a nice week too! XX Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh these quotes are great and your the bracelet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ma che meraviglia!!!!
    Bellissimo il tuo braccialetto, adoro le tue citazioni!
    Un abbraccio Benedetta

    ReplyDelete