Monday, 30 July 2012

Again on Recycling Paper

Hi there! Do you remember my mini journal? Well, I made some minor alterations, I hope you'll find them interesting! In the meantime, I also found out who had written of using a sewing machine to bind handmade, recycled notebooks...Madame Renard (so thank you!).


First, the black satin cord is shorter. It winds up only two times around the mini diary - meaning less waste of material.

I set a huge ceramic button on the front cover both to fasten the journal more safely and to make it more appealing. The cord rolls up around it, and gets stuck.

The button is part of this amazing set by L'Officina, but comes from the EIT's Charity Shop.
I hope you like it, and try to Do It Yourself!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! I saw your latest card, is lovely!

      Delete
  2. This is just fabulous ... I'll have to show this to my daughter. She took a bookbinding class years ago in San Francisco and found it joyful.

    Love always, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Thank you! Let me know if she liked it. A huge hugh to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool journal! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The perfect beautiful notebook to carry around in your bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grazie per la visita che hai fatto da me.
    Questo piccolo album è davvero grazioso, e il bottone lo rende irresistibile... Un must have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Grazie! Ti ho scoperta solo in questi giorni passando da un forum EIT, adesso ti seguo volentieri :D

      Delete