Friday, 24 August 2012

Home-made Bread. Recipe and Tips.

DIY is something that comes along with your cultural background and personal attitudes. "Handmade", "home made", or "Do It Yourself!"...It doesn't matter how you call it, it matters if you are joining or not a practical philosophy! For instance, I Do Bread Myself!



I bake without the perfect oven, the right yeast, and bla bla...otherwise I would never start! As a consequence, my recipe it's easy and quick:


Take 700 gr-1 kg (1.5 pound) of flour without raising agents


Put a tablespoon of dried active yeast in a pint of water. 
Wait 15 mins.
Melt the compound with the flour.
Add water/flour to wet/dry the dough.


Let it raise. Then add salt, oil (optional).
Knead the dough.
Shape a loaf.


Use the oven at its highest temperature (250 C or 482 F) and...
Bake!

TipS:

The more the dough raises, the more the bread is good.
The more the oven is hot, the more the bread is crunchy, so do not open the oven during the baking.
You can place a pot of water in the oven if not fan-assisted.
All flour, spice, seed, oil variations are welcome.
Conserve the dough in the fridge for three days, possibly wrapped in cling film, but consider it continues to grow.
Dont' get confused: this dough is also for pizza.

Have a nice wek end!

23 comments:

  1. I have to get my daughter to look at this ... she is the baker in our house and she has been teaching herself ... bread was on the list for her ... it's just she's busy trying to get her etsy shop up and going ... AND we are keeping a close look at tropical storm Isaac. Our courtyard floods when it rains ... don't get me starting with the corrupt state I'm in and how they approved of this townhouse to pass inspection. It's so bad and I really try not to talk about it ... you know how I feel about positive energy. So, with that I'll expect things to turn out A-ok,

    Happiness and Love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love your daughter to try this recipe out, and she can contact me for any advice! Tropical storms are ugly, we know them just via TV and I bet it's not that easy to cope with them...Stay trustful, I send you all my positive energies! And always happiness to the both of you!

      Delete
  2. -Love the aroma of fresh baking bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that looks lovely. And really simple too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it is! Moreover, my trick is I make the dough quickly, and bake it as soon as I have time, possibly in the evening. This way, I waste no time and I eat healthy :D

      Delete
  4. Wow!It looks beautiful and simple to make!I can feel the aroma.....yummmm!Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! MA CHE BELLO!complimenti per questo post, mi piace davvero molto! sempre stiloso il tuo blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille...ho visto le ultime foto, complimenti!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. ..che poi in Italia trovi il lievito fresco e farine di ogni genere...dà molta più soddisfazione!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the tips! There is something about home baked bread! You can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I can't help baking at home because of that unique taste and texture!

      Delete
  8. Il pane.. mmh una droga!! Sarebbe bene ridurne il consume, ma è davvero una delizia!! Noi da anni lo facciamo in casa! Viva l'Italia :*

    thedemetrastra.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anche io avevo preso l'abitudine di "panificare" in Italia, ma qui ci ho messo un po' a trovare le soluzioni giuste e riprendere il ritmo! Ora infatti sono super contenta e...condivido il mio entusiasmo!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful! Will try that very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must get around to trying to bake bread, after reading this I might, now just to get the spare time to do it :/

    ReplyDelete