Thursday, 30 August 2012

Layering Rainbow Necklace


This time I exaggerated! My latest listing on etsy is a gorgeous eleven strand necklace, moreover a unique mixture of seed beads I personally made up! I chose a thousand of beads different for shape and color to obtain this unique shade...and a soft rainbow effect.



I named it "layering necklace" after the way the strands gently overlap. Strung separately and utterly scaled, they give life to a composed fall of light. The layering result is possible thanks to a magnificent vintage clasp, which is also a spacer: the hook fastener is soldered on top of two golden bars, decorated with rhinestones. 

As a jewel is refined and elegant, as complement is cheerful and lighthearted. I'm sure it wouldn't pass unnoticed. It matches especially with greens - which this year are back! - and solid color dresses. Perfect for the coming fall season!

Actual colors: white, light purple, garnet, gold, yellow, ocra, grass green, forest greenbluesilver, hematite gray, black.

...Do It Yourself:

stainless steel wire (6 m)
crimp beads (22)
clasp-strand spacer (1)
seed beads (2 ounce)

24 comments:

  1. What a pretty necklace!!! love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. un'esplosione di colori ben assortiti! stupendo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. la collana è stupenda, ma ammiro soprattutto la pazienza di infilare tutte quelle perline...ti giuro non lo farei mai:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...è solo questione di voler vedere il risultato! Comunque hai troppa ragione, questa volta mi sono quasi irritata anch'io!

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! Did you have to thread each one individually? Really unusual, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes I actually had to, but I thought the effect would be much more elegant so I surrender to the spacer's charm!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous colours!!! I love them! I follow you,if you want follow me back,kiss,Paolo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful necklace and I love the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love your style, I found your blog from a friend of mines blog. I'm looking for some new blogs to follow, so if you'd like to follow each other, leave me a comment and from there I'll give you a follow :) mine's www.elly-vickere.com

    Hope to hear from you soon lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adoro questo genere di esagerazioni! Davvero bella!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ma che meraviglia, complimenti!!!!
    Baci Benedetta

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete