Saturday, 11 August 2012

Recycling Old Fabric

In these summer evenings, I like to sit down at my desk and craft. My new passion, as you know, it is recycling paper into handmade journals. It is a recipe I'm trying over and over again, searching the perfect balance among smell, taste, and look.

INGREDIENTS:

Paper Leftovers
Cardboard
Sewing thread
Glue
Fabric
Ribbon, rope or what you may have at home
Buttons

I'm not that good at writing tutorials... So I just took some photos. I hope they may inspire your inner maker!

BEFORE



AFTER




The fuchsia fabric above is awesome. It remembers me some japanese handkerchiefs I had. The other two below are instead just ...so vintage!

I wrote it already, but repetita juvant: the buttons are by L'Officinaa great Italian ceramist you can find on Etsy.

21 comments:

  1. I love these ... if I could only make myself sit down and start creating again.

    Love Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent ideas! I could definitely see making some up. They will make great stocking stuffers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Perfect size notebook to carry in my purse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I love the house buttons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic ldeas!!! thank you for sharing!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! im loving this sooooo much!!! thanks for sharing tutorial and im adoring those buttons :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your fresh outfits and daily accessories!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. ...thank you! It's very easy and definitely relaxing!

      Delete
  9. Beautifuly done! (as always)!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Molto carino questo progetto!
    Le casette sono deliziose :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful ideas, must find a moment to sit down and try them out...thank you for shareing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy! These are great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, stylish and practical. I must add these to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Che meraviglia! Sempre più originali e sfiziosi, questi taccuini. Un salutone e buon ferragosto!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ma che meraviglia!!!Mi sono eclissata dal mondo dei blog per un po', ma vedo che le idee non mancano!
    Adoro questi spunti per i taccuini, davvero belli....(Ho tanta paura di cadere in questo tunnel, ahah!)

    ReplyDelete