Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Silk and Denim Japanese-like Belt, Easy DIY Project.

I made this japanese-like belt out of an old pair of trousers and a silk gown. 
It works great as fancy neck warmer too!
It's another DIY project you can try out just for having fun, 
with the plus you keep things that, no matter how much you love them, aren't good anymore. 



I used the denims for creating the belt stuffing, sewing two long triangles to a central square. The ratio of the square is about 14 x 14 cm. 

The long triangles are made by cutting one leg off the trousers - ideally an A cut from the back pocket to the ankle.

Sewing silk without leaving traces is definitely a hard task, so I immediately gave up with the idea of using the mini-sewing machine and proceeded by hand. The stitches are within the back, almost hidden under a fold.



After sewing the two side covers by hand, I set the central square, the purple cotton roll as base and the darker square of silk as embellishment. Mainly, I joined the three pieces of cover with that black stitching you may see in the photos. This time, I used the sewing machine though!
...Nothing so special, I mean, it's just something I wanted and enjoy creating. Now, I have to find the occasion to wear it!!!

Stay tuned!

19 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! -Would look great with white ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea!!! And now I wan to see how do u wear it!!!
    Kiss kiss

    New post on: www.theitaliansmoothie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice idea. My fave colour. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too! I love all greens, actually!

      Delete
  5. A very nice project and perhaps something the discerning gentleman could wear too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great! I love thath color:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea, beautiful colours and yes I too would like to see you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thank you! I'll try to push someone to take a picture of me wearing it!!!!

      Delete
  8. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....è brillante, etnica, raffinata...è bellissima!! Adoro i colori e lo stile....BELLA BELLA BELLA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this discussion of the structural logic of posting.
    Thanks,
    denim belt

    ReplyDelete