Friday, 9 August 2013

Ivory White: Handmade and Vintage Shall Be Together!

As you'll guess from the title of the post, I adore ivory white. Unfortunately, it is so meaningful as a color - it always makes me think of weddings, and timeless elegance -, that I find very difficult to wear it myself.


Then I have a secret to confess: I'm not that good at taking pictures of white items, and that's the reason why I don't have many in my Etsy shop. I know, it's a shame, but if I want to keep a graphic coherence in the shop, then I must accept some sacrifice!


...So today is the exception that confirms the rule, and it's due to the fact I wanted to show you my new obi belt so badly! Again raw silk, again handmade, again...gorgeous!


Boring, right? Then I'll introduce you to my vintage pearl necklace showing off below! "Vintage" in this case refers just to the pearls, which I collected and cleaned to re-thread them into a unique, OOAK bridal choker.


This combo leads us to a more interesting point, maybe. I think the obi and the necklace match perfectly, but not just for the color. It's because I really believe handmade and vintage belong together! 
Am I right? What do you think about it?! Please let me know!

Have a nice week end,

Elettra

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Grazie Francesca, detto da te vale moltissimo :D

      Delete
  2. I've got the same problem! White items over a white background can be a problematic combination for pictures :/ I like the style of your blog because, as you said, it is clean and graphically coherent, so maybe it would feel strange to see pictures with a dark background, suddenly.
    Anyway, you did well and I love your creations as usual, even if ivory can be difficult to wear :)
    And vintage plus handmade is just win-win ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tine, you're always so kind with me, I don't even know how to reply: just a big thank you (thank you thank you)!

      Delete
  3. absolutely handmade and vintage go together, which is why they share a space on Etsy :-) Afterall, very often the older vintage pieces in particular, started out as handmade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very right! I think on Etsy though it isn't clear enough why vintage and handmade belong together, it's less discussed as a topic than handmade - well, maybe it's me, I couldn't find a good source about it!

      Delete
  4. è fantastico! mi piace tanto questo stile!
    ti aspetto sul mio blog!

    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie, ho visto le ultime foto e sono strepitose!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful whites! Yes I think handmade and vintage go well together because handmade always turns into vintage at some point where the other stuff frequently gets tossed a lot sooner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, and...good point!

      Delete
    2. By the way, I think that who loves vintage and handmade loves the idea of something unique, which has a story rather than a label, but also the idea of inheriting the love and care the both bring along with them!

      Delete
  7. che bella, complimenti cara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! Handmade and vintage definitely compliment each other nicely!

    ReplyDelete