Friday, 16 August 2013

Of a Wet Ferragosto. My Recrimination.

Although this year we were blessed by a long and beautiful summer, when yesterday I came back home soaking wet it was kind of disappointing. 

My umbrella  - what a useless fashion feature here! - broke, so my clothes looked like they had just come out of the washing machine, and I'm almost sure a fish jumped off my ballerinas when I squeezed them!


"This is Ireland!" my little readers will say immediately.

No, children, you are mistaken. Once upon a time there was ....Ferragosto!




August 15 is Ferragosto, the summer holiday! So yesterday at lunch we all should have been on the shores eating watermelon (or lasagna and roasted chicken, it depends on your family traditions), and at night gathered around bonfires, drinking and dancing until dawn!
And that's the reason why it was a pity being alone on the sofa with a cup of tea, looking outside the rain coming down as it was, I don't know, november?! It was so unfair!
I know, I'm a nostalgic expat (and meteoropathic) but fortunately I don't take myself too seriously! My recrimination ends here, so to let my latest creations tell you everything about my desperate wish for summer! 

Have a great week end!

Elettra

14 comments:

  1. Your jewelry certainly speaks of celebration! And would like to guess that Ferragosto will always be your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorabili questi gioielli il primo mi piace molto e i colori sono deliziosi..
    un bacione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in the States Ferragosto is just a day as any other... my husband went to work and I told him "are you going to work?? But it's Ferragosto!!!"... :) I was in Italy with my thoughts all day...
    P.S. Love your necklaces!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Likewise! I simply couldn't stop thinking it was holiday, while in fact it was not!

      Delete
  4. I kinda understand how you feel...used to feel somewhat like that on Paddy's Day when I lived in Spain until I started hosting my own green fiesta at the nearest weekend. But isn't it great that we've had such a good summer (by Irish standards)! Beautiful weather for wearing your bright, summer jewellery :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne-Marie for your kind words! Funny thing is I've tried to host a Ferragosto party, but my compatriots were so grumpy those days I had to give up :D
      PS. I feel guilty to complain for the weather as this is a very welcoming country + I've been so happy for the delightful summer we had and the mild temperatures we are still enjoying!

      Delete
  5. Mi piace tantissimo quella verde!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful jewelry! I love the first necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grumpy compatriots meaning the irishes or the fellow expats?
    Funny anyway ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...my fellow expats! The end of the summer seems to be the moment we struggle the most being Italians abroad...

      Delete
  8. Guarda ti dico solo che piove anche qui a taormina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle queste accessori!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete