Friday, 30 August 2013

Silk Headbands. Easy DIY and Tips.

I'd love to have a studio or a space just for me, but sadly ...I do not! So when my boyfriend left for a short trip, I was so excited to stay home this time: I wanted to create something new, profiting on the (whole) space my creativity deserves!
...Well, basically I made many attempts allowing fabric to scatter everywhere and dwelling myself in the chaos for three days...But in the end, I also manage to came up with the new silk headbands!
They are not listed yet, I think I'll work on it during the weekend. God knows how pitiful I'm at writing items' descriptions - plus now I write in both english and italian, and it takes the double!

Anyway! I put some effort as usual to make the prototype easy reproducible. If you want to Do it Yourself, here my easy tips:

Cut a string of about  8-10 cm wide and 45/50 cm long - depending on the size you fancy the most. Double the string, sew together the open sides, and reverse it to hid the seaming.
Now get a 10 cm piece of elastic band. Let it slip inside. Pin one end of the elastic band to one end of your fabric string, and then stretch it: where it reaches its complete extension, pin it again.

Put the other end of the fabric string within the first pin. Sew where you've pinned, and here you go with your new hair accessory!
You can use any fabric, preferably cotton, or stiff silk as I did!

Have a nice weekend,

Elettra

28 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I can't help thinking how cool it would be to sew your own blouse and make-up this headband in the same matching fabric. Wish I was a seamstress ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's a very good idea! I have more silk, I could try!

      Delete
  2. Davvero chic, belle in seta printed!!!
    Buon WE cara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Paola e buon weekend anche a te!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ...grazie! Ho scelto la seta a posta per rendere la comodissima fascia un accessorio un po' più chic!

      Delete
  4. molto carine e le trovo estremamente chic!


    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Video outfit YOUTUBE
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. queste headbands sono davvero belle,mi piacciono le fantasie
    se ti va,passa per un saluto
    NUOVO POST ----> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog
    Buon fine settimana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ottimo DIY!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! And your pics are so fab too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you I have to struggle with whites as usual but all in all they came up decent!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for this great DIY! I should make some up for myself. My hair has too many layers that it won't go into a ponytail anymore. These would be a handy and cute way to keep it out of my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's very easy and so useful :D

      Delete
  9. Amazing! I like it so much!!!!do u want to follow each other!?
    CHIC STREET CHOC
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sempre idee interessanti e originali. Complimenti!

    ReplyDelete