Friday, 8 November 2013

...A Blue Messenger Bag!

I made my first attempt with something more sophisticated than a shopping bag...Although I love shopping bags and keep making them as well  - next time I'll show you some variations on a theme!

This shoulder strap pannier is made out of teal velvet and sky-blue silk. I chose velvet as now cotton would be too summery, I think. Teal and sky blue are awesome together, a perfect combo for cheering up our autumn/winter outfits!




The bag is entirely lined with blue silk and there is a internal pocket for the phone. Because, for Murphy's law, a ringing phone always manages to reach the bottom of a woman's bag, while she's desperately trying to grasp it.



I added a stiff bottom, which I made inserting a piece of cardboard between the velvet and the lining. It seems to me a good feature, at least esthetically, but I don't think it makes an actual difference.




If you want to do it yourself, use the tips I wrote here, and this handy how-to for the square bottom. The internal pocket is attached on the right side of the lining, while the silk lid is to sew together with the shoulder strap in between the two fabric layers. That's it!

Have a nice week end!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing:)I love this bag-the shape and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi, nice to meet you, thanks for the nice comment!

      Delete
  3. Esperimento riuscitissimo! Mi piace molto, brava!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molto bella...brava!

    Alessia
    FACEBOOK
    Video outfit YOUTUBE
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bella, mi piace questa linea essenziale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sì, sono sempre più per le linee semplici e pulite, grazie!

      Delete
  6. Nice bag! I love the color combination...can't say I have seen it a lot, and that's a good thing. I really do like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that makes me very happy and kind of...proud :D

      Delete
  7. Love the bag! They are so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!I love the color and fabric :D

    ReplyDelete