Thursday, 5 June 2014

New York, New York!



I'm not finding the time to take decent pictures, and show you all my mostly overlapping works-in-progress! So I'll try to make up to you with this iconic picture of the Empire State Building - please note the other skyscraper in the background launching the bat-signal. 

This was my second time in the US. Why New York? 

"...you wanted to make your friends envious!" you'll say. 
"..Nooo, it's not just that!" I'd reply with the evil smile. 

Basically I wanted to see it for myself - see how the world's bellybutton looks. And maybe I also needed to stay for once in a noisy place, enough to shut up the mumbling mind. To stop the dreams. Well, one week in New York worked better than a year in India, for me!

"and hot dogs are good! At least the one I ate. A little inconsistent, but still, very good! Incredible, truly incredible. Seven days are enough though."

Notably, I forgot the camera at home, but...who cares. People were asking me for directions all the time, so I felt blend-in - especially because I knew what to tell them. Thinking about it, since I normally get lost in a glass of water, that was probably the most shocking experience for me: the grid. 

I'd like to write forever, but I need to sleep now! I don't know how jet lag works, but these nights I'm falling apart around 10.00 pm! 

"...I think I ended up on Beijing's local time - Is that even possible?" 

...Good night!

Elettra

29 comments:

  1. e' una vita che non vado a new york!
    Beh più rumorosa di NY non ce n'è!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bè, alla fine non è stato così tragico come pensavo, pur abituata a dormire sonni profondi in una delle città più silenziose d'Europa!

      Delete
    2. dimenticavo che roma è molto più rumorosa....

      Delete
  2. Bella NY se mi toglierò la paura di fare voli lunghi sarà il primo posto dove voglio andare! Baci Elisabetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neanche io sono una fan del volo in generale, ma posso assicurarti che breve o lungo cambia poco, e l'incertezza si può superare con l'abitudine!

      Delete
  3. Foto meravigliosa... direi magica!
    Un bacione e buon venerdì
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I asked my friend to take it for me...he'll be pleased!

      Delete
  4. Quanto mi manca, devo assolutamente tornarci!!!!
    Kisses darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! The picture is beautiful! I'm about an hour from Chicago and I just love to see the city lights. So beautiful! I've never been to New York City but someday I'd like to, as long as I don't have to drive there. I'm not used to that kind of driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way they drive impressed me, fast and controlled, I'd say nervous, but overall safe...Nothing compared to Naples!

      I quote: ***Italians are known as "crazy" drivers, and Naples is infamous for having the "worst" drivers in Italy! However, this is because they simply follow different rules than Americans. Or, more precisely, they only follow one rule: The First (And Only) Rule of Italian Driving: Do not hit anything that is in front of you.***

      Delete
  6. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that view of the world's bellybutton...never heard that term before -- I like it and think it fits ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course it's a clumsy translation from spoken Italian :D

      Delete
  12. adoro NYC è una città bellissima e ricca di luoghi da scoprire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! :) I'm so jealous...I've never been in the USA.It must have been so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agnieszka, sure it was! Btw, that's hilarious, since I'm not a mega-city enthusiast!

      Delete
  14. ciao bella, buon proseguimento di giornata!!
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ador NY, non vedo l'ora di tornarci!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bello!!! IO non ci sono mai stata purtroppo! Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete